Hello actors and those dreaming of acting,
After watching the Oscars this year, I was inspired. We at the Actors Workout Studio are committed to making a difference and doing our part in serving artists. Our staff has unanimously agreed to award two-month scholarships to ten aspiring actors in the Los Angeles Acting Community this spring.
We are offering 5 full scholarships and 5 partial scholarships
Requirements to apply are as follows:
1. Applicant has not taken or audited classes previously at The Actors Workout Studio.
2. Must submit a photo, cover letter and link to a 2 minute video of your audition/slate/introduction. In your cover letter, please state your acting experience level (beginner/intermediate/advanced.) Your video should NOT EXCEED TWO MINUTES and include:
a. An introduction: Tell us about yourself, where you are from, and anything you think we should know about you.
b. Why you want to be (or are) an actor.
c. A quick statement or story of interest to you.
d. If you are a trained actor, send a 1 minute monologue (this can be in addition to the two-minute video)
e. Be sure any links you provide us with include your name
f. Do not send any files that need to be opened. Everything needs to be in the body of the email or a link; we will not open any attached files.
3. Submit your cover letter, photo and link to Stacy at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Deadline for submission is March 27, 2017.
5. Classes are for two months (8 weeks) and must be consecutive.
6. Enrollment to take place between April 15, 2017 and July 15, 2017.
7. Applicants must be available to attend the class enrolled in. (We will assign actors to the appropriate class based on the information we receive)
8. Please – no phone calls.
9. An interview may be required after the first round of submissions.
10. Agents and managers may encourage their clients, but we want the actor to do the submission.
We are excited to offer this invaluable experience to ten committed actors and look forward to the opportunity to support you in your craft.
-Fran Montano, Artistic Director